RE: [REPU] new member, Hi!

From: Jeremy Romero \(J-Ro\) (Jeremy.Romero@socal7s.org)
Date: Thu Aug 15 2002 - 14:32:41 PDT

There aren't many sources for parts unless you get them from a junk yard,
and believe me I've scoured them all! Aftermarket stuff can be had from
Racing Beat or MazdaTrix, but don't count on body parts. Adding a high flow
cat will not kill the power that much but right now I'm running the Thermal
Reactor straight to muffler, yes the 3 chamber Flow-Master is not going to
last long but it's stainless and well made so it will be good for a little
while. Power is nice but the biggest difference I've noticed is slapping on
the header. I ran a Racing Beat Road Race front section (dual in/out) to
straight pipes to dual Flow-Masters. Sounded pretty frikken good IMHO! But
if you like the old school look you'd go dual Super-Turbos out the back on
the same side. As far as value, I don't care what Kelly Blue Book says,
it's priceless to me but I think 3k is not asking too much for a really
decent one.

You might think about doing a manual conversion. You can get a '76 Cosmo
tranny to pop right in, it has a great ratio and was one of the heartiest.
You just need to remove the x-member and have it moved back. Punch out the
pedal cutout and get a master cylinder and lines.

For what it's worth,
J-Ro
2-'74 REPU's