[REPU] Board Post Reply: WTB: auto trans. for 77repu or WTT: 5spd 77

From: forum@mazdarepu.com
Date: Thu Sep 19 2002 - 15:07:00 PDT

A New Post has Been made to the thread [WTB: auto trans. for 77repu or WTT: 5spd 77]
The Reply was:

Hey Guys,
I had to shorten the stock driveline in my Rx2 when I put the 1980 5 speed in. I took it to a local shop, who (even tho they did diesels and big parts) said, "no problem."
For under a 100 bucks, they shortened it, put in new u joints, and balanced the whole thing.
I think you could make just about any tranny fit in any chassis as long as it would bolt up to the block. And that's the nice thing about Mazda's.
I'm thinkin' also that the part number difference in the various "ribcase" trannys may only be in the gear ratio's.

Go Here to Reply: http://www.mazdarepu.com/board/viewthread.php3?FID=7&TID=235