[REPU] Board Post Reply: Carburetor on t2 engine...?

From: forum@mazdarepu.com
Date: Wed Oct 02 2002 - 12:33:53 PDT

A New Post has Been made to the thread [Carburetor on t2 engine...?]
The Reply was:

Well after much research and looking around I decided to go with tha Mazdaracing kit. It comes with everything you need minus the piping from the turbo to intercooler or carb. The Weber 48 Dcoe is already sealed and jetted for turbo. I read about suck through systems and it warned that using an intercooler can also be dangerous because fuel can stay in the intercooler and if there is ever a backfire it could explode. Blow through systems are a bit harder to design cause carburetors do not recognize air pressure(boost) so you have to tune the to be able to run at maximum boost. This means that they run rich the rest of the time. There are a couple of add-on fuel systems out there that allow you to map the fuel flow on a carb but I will wait and see how it performs first before I spend more $$$.

Go Here to Reply: http://www.mazdarepu.com/board/viewthread.php3?FID=2&TID=237