[REPU] Board Post Reply: Rotary in an 87 B2000

From: forum@mazdarepu.com
Date: Tue Oct 29 2002 - 09:46:39 PST

A New Post has Been made to the thread [Rotary in an 87 B2000]
The Reply was:

Ok,
The hardest part of the swap would be the engine mounts. I don't know first hand, but I think you may need the front cover from a early rotary (any early rotary with engine mounts on the front)

Other things to consider:

Computer -- I used a Haltech.

Fuel -- Get a monster fuel pump

gauges -- should be simple enough to hook the stock B2000 tach up to the ignition of the rotary, water and oil temp/pres should be the same too.

Cooling -- Re-rod and core your radiator, or get a larger one made

Oil Cooling -- consider getting a dual oiler cooler setup ala FD3s RX-7's

Go Here to Reply: http://www.mazdarepu.com/board/viewthread.php3?FID=1&TID=282