[REPU] Board Post Reply: Rear Disc Branks... (and LSD too)

From: forum@mazdarepu.com
Date: Tue Oct 29 2002 - 23:40:06 PST

A New Post has Been made to the thread [Rear Disc Branks... (and LSD too)]
The Reply was:

I wouldn't haul a car without a tandem axle trailer and electric brakes myself at all. I'd just like to have rear discs to go with that. I got almost 100K miles out of a set of brake shoes once. I do not trust how much stopping power they provide. Ideally I'd like to be able to do large vented discs (10"+) and four piston calipers up front and at least two piston calipers in back. If I could get large enough rubber (225+) under the truck, and those kind of brakes, I'd feel a little better hauling cars.

The only concern I'd have really would be whether the wheelbase of the repu would give a comfortable and stable ride on long hauls (say cross country), but the bigger rubber and proper tire inflation plus decent suspension should go a long way towards improving that.

I still wonder if the '85 GSL SE rear ends are up to the task though. Does anyone have a reliable list of rear ends that you could swap in that would support disc brakes and LSD?

Go Here to Reply: http://www.mazdarepu.com/board/viewthread.php3?FID=2&TID=283