[REPU] Board Post Reply: do the 80\'s rx7 13b engines work easily w/ a 74\'

From: forum@mazdarepu.com
Date: Wed Nov 13 2002 - 09:09:32 PST

A New Post has Been made to the thread [do the 80\'s rx7 13b engines work easily w/ a 74\']
User From: rotarynews

The mid 70's 4 port motors are different from all RX-7 engines... The TurboII engines are 4 port, but they are different, as are the 6 port 13bs.

If you wanted to use a 4 or 6 port 13b from a 2nd gen RX-7, you can... but you have to do a little more work.

1. take the front cover from your current mid 70's engine, and swap it onto the later 80's 13b. It should fit, and allow you to mount the engine in the stock location. You could also swap out the oil pan from your 70's 13b onto the 80's.

2. Get a manifold and carb (from racingbeat) [url]http://www.racingbeat.com/resultset.asp?PartNumber=18045#[/url]

3. Get a larger fuel pump (from racingbeat too)

There are other options too... you could take the entire fuel and electrical system out of a RX-7 doner car, and splice it into your REPU.

Or, you could do a custom Haltech setup like I did.. I swapped in a 90 RX-7 TurboII motor with a haltech controlling the fuel injection. It's still in the debug stage, but looks very promising!

Go Here to Reply: http://www.mazdarepu.com/board/viewthread.php3?FID=2&TID=298