[REPU] Board Post Reply: I passed emissions!

From: forum@mazdarepu.com
Date: Tue Dec 03 2002 - 12:53:57 PST

A New Post has Been made to the thread [I passed emissions!]
User From: mazilla

Tom: I seem to notice that a cat in general makes the system quieter, lower in tone, keeps what little low end a RE has but you really feel it in the top end when you want to wind the piss out of it. so probably mid to peak rpm will be kinda slow reving. Besides that, they get so hot on a rotary, you really feel it in the cab. my x4 with the heat exchanger was like that(HOT). I had it behind the header. Flames without the cat are nice too...

I'd flange it just so you can put it on any number of rotaries projects just to smog it. Then put the test pipe back on for free breathin.

Oh by the way, the cat does eliminate some of those tear jerkin fumes that seem to eminate from the back.

Go Here to Reply: http://www.mazdarepu.com/board/viewthread.php3?FID=1&TID=312