[REPU] Board Post Reply: Sloppy steering

From: forum@mazdarepu.com
Date: Mon Dec 23 2002 - 12:37:00 PST

A New Post has Been made to the thread [Sloppy steering]
User From: jfaplanet

The 78 and newer to 84 gear box will bolt in place of the 74-77 REPU, but the Pitman arm is different. If you use the complete 84 front end, idler, pitman, gearbox, tie rods, center link, etc. It will all bolt in place. That is what I have on mine. You have to modify the area where the locking colar bolt that holds the steering shaft to the gear box fits, but a grinder or dremel will do the trick. The 86-up used rack type steering. Unless you want a major ordeal I'd not try that one. Good luck.

Go Here to Reply: http://www.mazdarepu.com/board/viewthread.php3?FID=8&TID=338