[REPU] Board Post Reply: any advice for converting a repu to automatic

From: forum@mazdarepu.com
Date: Sat Sep 14 2002 - 15:15:47 PDT

A New Post has Been made to the thread [any advice for converting a repu to automatic]
The Reply was:

 Here is what I am going to have to do in order to convert my REPU over to automatic.
 F and R auto 13b counterweights
 Auto flexplate
 Auto tranny assembly w linkage & converter
 Automatic brake pedal.

 The variable for me is going to be the location of the tranny crossmember. At this time I plan on using the 84-85 Auto w/overdrive from a 7.
 I am still pondering whether to hang a cooler for the tranny externally aft of the oil cooler or have the radiator integrated tranny cooler tanks the way it is stock.
 The only thing I have not checked is to see if the drive shaft will be proper length. Since I don't know the length of the 7 tranny yet.
Its not anything I can't have modified. But screw together would be ideal.

 One thing I am going to do is have the stall speed on my converter changed to a higher stall. Say about 2200 somehere? It will totally change the way it takes off from a dead stop or towing.

Go Here to Reply: http://www.mazdarepu.com/board/viewthread.php3?FID=2&TID=228