[REPU] Board Post Reply: That thick black rubber mat....

From: forum@mazdarepu.com
Date: Sat Jan 18 2003 - 18:15:43 PST

A New Post has Been made to the thread [That thick black rubber mat....]
User From: brad

That is not a mat. It is sound deadening tar. If you remove it more road noise will come into the truck. And it also insulates heat/cold too. I'd keep it. My girlfriend's 94 geo metro does not have any and it is loud in there.

I have removed it in my 81 race car. Real pain since it is tar that has bonded with the metal. Hammer and chisel worked best. Some people use several pounds of dry ice to freeze it and it pops off. Then clean with wire wheel then turpentine.

You can buy car undercoating and stuff similar at local auto parts store.

Go Here to Reply: http://www.mazdarepu.com/board/viewthread.php3?FID=4&TID=359